Dr. Cashin says if we don't restore our confidence in the basic biblical principles of Freedom of Conscience and Freedom of Speech... we might be.
This article put into words an idea that has been rolling around in my heart for weeks. How do we oppose something ("Jihad-ism") that cannot be publicly opposed? Words like Islamaphobic, Racist, Bigot... get thrown around when the threat of "Islamofacism" comes up in conversation.
Cashin says the wedge is this: Do we respect Freedom Of Speech and Freedom of Religion? If we do, we will understand that someone has right to call this art, and that we have a right to say we feel that a particular religion has some troubling elements at its core.
I may not like what you have to say, but I respect your right to say it. And I think we both believe that my right to free speech ends where your nose begins.
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment